This two day workshop provides a foundation in understanding supervision in the State Personnel System. Participants will learn the basics of selection, performance management and progressive discipline. Total compensation, FMLA, and other rules governing leave benefits will be discussed. The Nuts & Bolts of State Supervision Workshop has been redesigned for all Supervisors, Managers, and Directors who lead employees within the State of Colorado.
The ability of leaders to effectively lead staff is a key component in reinforcing the State’s ability to attract, select, and retain employees who are committed to helping the State to realize its mission.
After attending this program, leaders will be able to apply the tools and resources discussed in the workshop to:
- Develop Strong, Trusting and Respectful relationship with your direct reports.
- Increase your understanding on what make employees succeed or fail.
- Apply general performance principles to more effectively manage their work unit, division, or agency.
- Understand the State Personnel System and Selection Rules.
- Understand the parameters of Total Compensation
- Understand and navigate the dispute resolution process for classified employees.
- Apply the statues, rules and policies that govern state employees.
- Clearly interpret State Personnel Board Rules and Director’s Administrative Procedures.
Subject matter experts from the Department of Personnel and Administration are your instructors for this course.