The Nuts & Bolts of State Supervision
This two day workshop is open to any statewide supervisor or manager who supervises at least one direct report. Successful supervision is all about preparation. The Nuts and Bolts of State Supervision provides participants with a foundational understanding of the processes essential to supervising within the State of Colorado. Obtain practical skills for supervising day to day situation. Subject matter experts (SME’s) will provide you with the resources you need to become a successful supervisor.
· Tools and techniques to lead employees within the State of Colorado effectively, efficiently and elegantly.
· Increase the confidence, knowledge and competence when handling day-to-day employee situations, issues and questions.
· Resources and where to find support when handling issues such as hiring, onboarding, performance management, employee issues, and leave.
· A foundational understanding of the nuances of supervising within the State of Colorado.
Statewide Training and Development Center (STADC) has identified this workshop to cover the following competencies and be valuable in the development of supervisors and managers.
· Conflict Management
· Professional Development
· Business Acumen
· THINK! Navigating Change
· The 4 Disciplines of Execution ~FranklinCovey
· Communicating in Managing Performance