*This workshop is open to any statewide supervisor or manager with at least one (1) direct report*
Successful supervision is all about preparation. The Nuts and Bolts of State Supervision is a two day workshop that provides a foundation understanding of supervising within the State of Colorado. The workshop teaches practical skills, not just the theory of supervising others within the State’s system. The concise sessions within the workshop teaches useful skills that can be immediately applied in your workplace.
You’ve worked hard to develop expertise in your field, and you are looking to excel as a supervisor within the State’s system. The Nuts and Bolts of State Supervision workshop is here to move you forward quickly, so you can inspire and engage others, and motivate your team to achieve great things.
Statewide supervisor and managers (new and existing) seeking support to more effectively lead within the State system seeking knowledge, best practices and tips from DPA subject matter experts. Areas covered:
- Supervising within the State Personnel System
- On-boarding State Employees
- The State's Benefits Plans
- Performance Management
- Progressive Discipline
- Managing Employee Issues
- Retention Strategies
Cover key areas to increase participants’ knowledge and ability to handle day-to-day employee situations, issues and questions.
- Provide information, tools and resources for supervisors and managers on how to lead employees within the State of Colorado effectively, efficiently and elegantly.
- Increase the confidence, knowledge and competence of supervisors and managers when handling day-to-day employee situations, issues and questions.
- Provide supervisors and managers with useful tools and techniques to help better lead others.
- Provide a foundational understanding of supervising within the State of Colorado.
The ability of leaders to effectively lead staff is a key component in reinforcing the State’s ability to attract, select, and retain employees who are committed to helping the State to realize its mission. Master the fundamentals of supervising within the State of Colorado system in just two-days!