This interactive and skill building workshop provides supervisors, managers and directors with the perspectives and practical skills and tools to lead effectively in the State of Colorado. Learn how you can fulfill your department’s mission, and follow the policies that govern state employees. The workshop is discussion oriented and hands-on. You will be provided with the opportunity to apply principles, steps and course content to real life employee scenarios. The handy workshop booklet can be easily used in workshop situations for leading effectively, balancing your time, a having difficult conversations, and planning and execute update and coaching meetings for effective performance management.
You will learn how to:
- Increase your confidence and competence in leadership
- Apply general performance management principles to effective manage your work unit.
- Encourage top performers and those needing to changes skills or behaviors.
- Use positive reinforcement principles for employee engagement and increased productivity
- Use non-monetary ways to recognize employees