Why do some people have it and others don’t? I’m speaking of Power and Influence.
This workshop is about understanding the dynamics of power and influence and learning how to use them as effective tools for understanding and achieving your goals. It is a class about getting things done in the real world, where politics and personalities often seem to hinder rather than help you. Power and Influence is a must for those of you who want to make things happen, despite the obstacles that might stand in your way. Understanding Power and Influence will have a profound impact on how you perceive issues and subsequently, what course of action you will take in your professional and personal life.
This training is intended to unearth your implicit ideas about power and influence. In a highly collaborative and interactive setting, alongside peers, you will learn to:
- Assess your own power bases and influence style and consider strategies for building and exercising power and influence
- Use personal influence and political savvy to successfully implement strategies
- Understand and observe effective and ineffective uses of power in others
- Build a repertoire of influence tactics that will enable you to be effective in a variety of contexts and situations
- Manage political conflict in a way to produce constructive outcomes