Managing Conflict Effectively: Thomas-Kilmann Assessment
Understanding conflict in our professional and even our personal lives is necessary for success in any organization. Conflict effects productivity and working environments. In this workshop participants will learn how to investigate the dynamics of conflict through use of the thee Thomas-Kilmann assessment tool. Reflect on personal family history of conflict and how this influences conflict at work. Effective conflict management isn’t about avoiding confrontation; it is about using conflict to generate innovation and growth for your and in your division.
· Analyze the positive and negative attributes of conflict.
· Develop effective conflict prevention and intervention strategies.
· Understand your conflict style and the conflict styles of your peers.
· Design conflict strategies that meet the cultural and generational needs of employees and department.
Statewide Training and Development Center (STADC) has identified this workshop to cover the following competencies and be valuable in the development of supervisors, managers, and leadership teams.
· Valuing Diversity and Differences
· Conflict Management
· Building and Maintaining Relationships
· Achieving and Maintaining Work-Life Balance
· Diversity in the Workplace
· Increasing Personal Effectiveness –DISC