Building a Retention Culture
Improving employee retention has become a business imperative for every division within the State of Colorado. Impending retirements, increased competition, and a more mobile workforce have caused many departments to lose their key players. Improve the retention within your work unit through the use of practical skills and tools that can create a cultural paradigm shift that motivates and retains employees more effectively. Participants will learn the driving factors behind why employees leave and why they stay. Develop an action plan for making employee retention a priority in your agency and on your team.
· Understand the real cost of employee turnover.
· Know how employee engagement affects retention.
· Learn what factors motivate movement in employees and what can be done to keep them.
· Develop an understanding of what an employee looks for in a satisfying career.
Statewide Training and Development Center (STADC) has identified this workshop to cover the following competencies and be valuable in the development of supervisors and managers.
· Talent Management
· Cultural Awareness
· Building Trust
· Understanding Motivational Needs
· Diversity in the Workplace
· The 4 Disciplines of Execution